PROFINET Commander runs as a PROFINET I/O controller (conformance class B, real time – RT) on a PC with an easy to use graphical user interface. With PROFINET Commander, users can test and build a PROFINET network and quickly connect I/O Devices without PLC programming.
- Configuration information
- I/O data
- Diagnostics and alarms
- Read inputs from the devices
- Change the output data on the I/O devices
- Browse the network
- Set names and IP addresses
- Flash LEDs and reset to factory settings
Users gain the ability to test and set up a PROFINET IO Device, test wiring (I/O Checking) and/or systems from their PC before putting into production. For developers of PROFINET I/O devices, the added benefit of using the tool is simple testing of their product for correct operation and diagnostic functionality prior to PROFINET certification testing and final product release.
Watch a Tutorial
Latest Release: PROFINET Commander V188.8.131.52 [Aug 2022]
- Windows 11 (32/64 bit) support added
- WinPcap has been replaced with Npcap – NOTE that WPcap will be removed with installer and NPcap loaded (silent install)
- Minor fixes (GUI) for License manager, records License status is now displayed in License management window
- Fixed import of certain I-device configurations (Siemens 1200/1500)